Archive Vids Uploaded! 2021 "The Longest Night" Solstice Livecoding Marathon

Yes thanks everyone in the solstice crew for making this happen!

6 Likes

Solstice crew is the mostest crew

7 Likes

Wonderfull I'm excited to ear and see all of that ! :star2:

I have a little question : Bespoke can be considered on this marathon ?

Yes :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Been a while since I last logged in -- just signed up for cycle 66 :japanese_goblin:

Nice work on the signup page

3 Likes

Only 6 slots left people, if you're on the fence about jumping in - now's the time to launch!

Quite a few first time faces I'm seeing in there, a lot of familiar faces, and a few "big names" - this is going to be huge :smiley:

1 Like

good morning

sorry for missing the slot, I did not observe that the slot was AM instead of PM
and saw the reminder email right as my timeslot was ending :frowning:

hope everyone has a great performance

Ah bugger! If you can find a free slot within a sensible time please take it by all means :slight_smile:

Huge thanks to everyone who performed, watched, participated, supported and organised - it was a bunch of fun, and there is loads of gold to be found in all the performances!

Work is underway to get the performances uploaded to a permanent archive on youtube/archive.org, in the meantime twitch will be holding replays for ~14 days:

We also got a lovely write up from Peter Kirn on cdm.link (Create Digital Music):

Lockdowns? Variants? Live coders are always ready to make beautiful moments of togetherness that defy isolation and distance. Tune into the TidalClub Longest Night right now:

And yeah, as I wrote this, someone really was using Atari ST stuff as pictured. Thatā€™s hot. A moment ago it was some chopped-up speech and birdsong in a meditative loop.

Let's not leave it so long til the next one!

11 Likes

Massive thanks again to everyone involvedā€“organizers, performers, viewers, listenersā€“for making this such an incredible marathon

2 Likes

Last bit of admin detail - to try and ease future event workload, I've made available all the notes, and tried to write some documentation on the infrastructure/backend/testing/go-live processes:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1JgCY6M0X4uab__HbVFG8ebvTgIMUXfRZ?usp=sharing

This includes:

7 Likes

It was wonderful! Tuesday was my big "clean/reorganize the studio day", and with tea and breakfast I was recommended the link on YouTube. So the stream was the soundtrack to my whole waking day. Unfortunately I had to be out all day Wednesday, so thank you cleary for the Twitch tip. I am grateful to all who helped the event come about, and that I was able to experience some of it.

3 Likes

Videos now uploaded, with thanks to @sfradkin for a monumental amount of work and patience:

Youtube (eulerroom)

archive.org
Internet Archive Search: subject:"longest night 2021"

8 Likes