MIDI latency

Helloooo,

I’m having problems syncing external midi instruments (minilogue xd) with sample cycles in tidal. In other words, drum patterns in tidal and then midi data to my synth via tidal are out of sync from each other and i can’t find a way to fix this. i am using an audio interface in order to hear all of the sounds, which a lot of people say causes latency, but i don’t have any other way of hearing both the synth and tidal output simultaneously.

“~midiOut.latency” doesn’t seem to change anything, but i could be doing something wrong there.

any ideas?

2 Likes

quick question. are you restarting supercollider after you change the midiOut.latency setting? i don't think you will hear a change until you restart the program. i think mine is set at something like 0.22 to get the tidal samples to line up with the MIDI.

2 Likes

I did restart a couple of times to check if that was the issue, but it’s good to know that i do need to. I’ll keep trying to change the latency and see if it makes a difference, and if not i’ll update.

Hi :slight_smile: Are you nudging the value at the end of ~midiOut.latency = .5; ?

This works for me when I use it in the SC IDE. I don't restart the SC or tidal after changing the latency value. It takes effect after I evaluate the line.