Mutable Instruments UGens

Thanks a lot for your answer. Indeed, I've found a second BootTidal.hs file within my .emacs folder ... made the changes here as well but still facing the same issue. Will investigate more in depth later on. Thank you for your kind help !

The other issue you may have, is that you haven't put it in the correct spot in the BootTidal.hs - make sure it is towards the end, ideally in exactly the spot as indicated in the step 9 instructions

@thedigitalDog while I'm going, can you just paste your BootTidal.hs while we're going?

1 Like

Thanks again so much for your support @cleary ! It is working now and it looks like a whole new world of fun and exploration awaits ! That was the thing, to put the sentences at the very end of the BootTidal.hs. Thanks to everyone involved also !
Edit : been going through the effects a bit ... it's absolutely amazing ! :two_hearts:

1 Like

@cleary Thanks! It works. I copied the codes from the website's page directly. I guess it's a markdown language issue.

1 Like

The MiRipples UGen has been removed from the 0.0.4 release, is it on purpose ?
Edit : nevermind, just drop it back in its folder :upside_down_face:

You'd have to ask the github repo maintainer - I haven't had any luck getting 0.0.4 running on linux at all

Oh ok. it works fine on Manjaro Linux with SC 3.12.2. Wait and see.

OK tested on 22.04 and it's a direct drop in replacement for 0.0.3 and working fine -

did you notice there is a new grids module? It looks like a drum pattern generator -

https://pichenettes.github.io/mutable-instruments-documentation/modules/grids/

1 Like

also, thanks to @bromethezine on discord, plaits signal mixing has been cleaned up - info here:

1 Like

Nice to know it's working for you. I've only quickly played and tested some effects so far .. I don't really have time at the moment.
Bests !

I set this up today following the instructions - the synths sound so good! :star_struck: Great work everyone!

I'm having only one problem. In step 9, it suggests using :script "FULL_PATH_TO_mi-ugens-params.hs" to load the parameter definitions. When I do this and then reboot tidal, I get an error which simply says syntax: :script.

Does anyone have an idea what the problem is or how to fix it?

In the meantime, I'll define them manually in my tidal session :slight_smile:

@jobi Have a look at the troubleshooting steps here:

There is a git pr still pending for the docs to hopefully improve some of the steps

1 Like

Huge thanks to @gamar3is who has trawled the plaits manual and adapted it for tidal:

4 Likes

just installed it... this opens up a whole new sonic realm in Tidal :blush:

thanks a lot :pray:

2 Likes