No configured ghc path

Hi, I've only seen the syntax: :script error where there are spaces in path. Can you double check that this is the error you're seeing?
Atom, vscode, emacs and vim work with tidal under Linux. They might well have the same problem though.

I don't think there's a reason why 1.4.8 would work and 1.4.9 wouldn't, there are only small changes. It might be a good idea to clear out your haskell libraries and try installing the tidal library from scratch again. You can do that by removing the .ghc and .cabal folders from your home folder. (These are hidden folders, on a mac, open Finder and do shift-command-period, to reveal/hide all the hidden files)

Then do this to reinstall tidal:

. ~/.ghcup/env
cabal update
cabal install tidal --lib

Moving .cabal elsewhere and reinstalling from scratch has worked. Perhaps having more than one version installed at all is what's confusing the Atom plugin?

Obviously that's broken all my other Haskell programs, but I can just maintain a symlink or something until I can figure this out :slight_smile:

Thanks for your reply, @yaxu!

1 Like

I think there's just something wrong with cabal.. It's had a rewrite and has been a bit wonky for a while..