Problem with sample rate

Hello all,

until now my setup was running properly as long as I was using 44100khz sample rate in the startup file. Now I wanted to switch to 48000khz. I thought that it would not be a big thing. Unfortunately my startup file does not finish properly any more after changing it to 48000khz (and changing JackRouter, Live and Focusrite settings too). It comments:

...AR: JackRouterDevice::GetPropertyDataSize 'nsr#'
JAR: JackRouterDevice::HasProperty 'nsr#'
JAR: HP_Device::HasProperty 'nsr#'
JAR: JackRouterDevice::GetPropertyData 'nsr#'
JAR: HP_Device::GetPropertyData 'nsr#'
Requested sample rate 48000.000000 was not available - attempting to use sample rate of 44100.000000

My startup file:

(
s.options.numBuffers = 2048 * 512;
s.options.memSize = 16384 * 64;
s.options.maxNodes = 8192 * 128;
s.options.numOutputBusChannels = 16;
s.options.numInputBusChannels = 16;
s.options.outDevice = "JackRouter";
s.options.sampleRate = 48000;

s.waitForBoot {
~dirt = SuperDirt(2, s);
~dirt.loadSoundFiles;
s.sync;

~dirt.start(57120, [0, 2, 4, 6, 8, 10, 12, 14]);

};
)

My setup:
MacOS 10.14
JackRouter
Focusrite Scarlett 1820i 2ndgen
Ableton Live

This is the Jack version I use:

Has any one an idea what could be the reason for this problem?

Best regards,
Axel

Don't know how does it work on mac, but on linux you have to choose the sample rate on jack too before turning it on.

Yes, indeed. In the Jack preferences I chose 48000 instead of 44100 khz. But Supercollider reacts as described above. It seems to be something wrong with Jack.

Uhm... I have the same problem with an old laptop I use, I always thought that its soundcard does not support 48k. I never investigated further. Maybe you could try to ask on https://scsynth.org/

Thank you for the hint ndr_brt .

Maybe I should better ask all macOS users here like this:

Which version of Jackaudio do you use?

I just wanted to report some positive feedback. Now I got my catalina notebook running properly with blackhole, can record 16 channels from Tidal and 8 channels simoultaniously from external hardware gear (controlled via midi from TC) in Live. And finally with great help from @isaacMedina I can send CC data from an external controller to Tidal using a PD-script.

Thank you all,
Axel

1 Like