Scratching Sounds Tidal Cycles (+ SuperCollider + SuperDirt)

Sorry to resurrect an old thread but wanted to chime in with my experience with this!

I'm on an Acer ConceptD 3 Ezel, running Pop!_OS 22.04. I've been running Tidal/SC on this machine for maybe 4 months now with no xrun issues to speak of. All of a sudden yesterday my audio started glitching and scratching, no matter if I used my internal sound card or my audio interface. That led me to this thread, I checked pw-top and saw that I'm indeed getting xruns (the ERR column for anyone like me who wasn't sure what to check for).

Changing my power profile from "Balanced" to "Performance" did indeed fix the issue, though I'm not sure why the issue started in the first place, since I've /been/ on Balanced this whole time. Perhaps a kernel update? I think I had one of those a week ago or so.

There's still a bit of quiet crackling but it's not that intrusive and I can't honestly say whether it was there before or not. In any case, I'm not getting xruns anymore. Thanks to @cleary for the power management tip!

I should also mention I tried the advice in this reddit thread to no avail.

2 Likes