Sound not being produced

The cabal install tidal --lib gives me 1.4.4. I am not sure why this is the case. I have had success getting 1.6.1 by doing v1-install tidal. Updating has also not given me 1.6.1. The only reliable way I have found to get 1.6.1 is to do a v1-install tidal (with clearing the .cabal and .ghc folders).

Thanks. I think I'll update all the install docs to use v1-install. v2 just isn't working.

Hi!
Idk if this might be something related but had some of the same errors out of sc

FAILURE IN SERVER /n_run Node 1006 not found
FAILURE IN SERVER /n_set Node 1006 not found
FAILURE IN SERVER /n_set Node 1006 not found
FAILURE IN SERVER /n_run Node 1005 not found
FAILURE IN SERVER /n_set Node 1005 not found
FAILURE IN SERVER /n_run Node 1003 not found
FAILURE IN SERVER /n_set Node 1003 not found
FAILURE IN SERVER /n_run Node 1002 not found
FAILURE IN SERVER /n_set Node 1002 not found
no synth or sample named 'tmp' could be found.
module 'sound': instrument not found: tmp

(Repeats ad infinitum)
Tidal is working, finally on my raspberry running patchbox and tidal 1.6.1
so sound is coming but these errors seem to add some latency, here and there. The mentioned 'tmp' sound folder has loaded successfully and is the only thing playing... Any ideas?

Do you get some errors/warnings on startup?

Only

WARNING: SynthDef superfm too big for sending. Retrying via synthdef file

Using emacs btw

Hello!

Have not been using Tidal in a while (sadly) but was trying to use it again but somehow somthing somewhere seems to go wrong constantly.

My issue is, that I am not able to generate sound.
So in my SuperCollider startup file everythong seems to be running as it should since it is able to detect all Dirt-Samples and tells me: SuperDirt: listening to Tidal on port 57120

In Atom following lines appear:

Choose ghc base path

no custom path configured
*** use ghcup default path**

Ghci command: /Users/michaelstark/.ghcup/bin/ghci Ghc-pkg command: /Users/michaelstark/.ghcup/bin/ghc-pkg

Start atom-tidalcycles plugin

Choose BootTidal.hs path

no custom path configured
not found in current directory
*** found in the tidal installation folder**

• load BootTidal.hs from /Users/michaelstark/.cabal/share/x86_64-osx-ghc-8.10.7/tidal-1.7.10/BootTidal.hs

t> Loaded package environment from /Users/michaelstark/.ghc/x86_64-darwin-8.10.7/environments/default

t>

t> [TidalCycles version 1.7.10] Installed in /Users/michaelstark/.cabal/store/ghc-8.10.7/tdl-1.7.10-d78e273c/share Listening for external controls on 127.0.0.1:6010 Connected to SuperDirt.

t>

If i try to validate a line of code NOTHING happens...
If I try to validate a supposedly non - functioning line of code still nothing happens...

I'm on MacOs Monterey.

Does anybody have any thoughts on it?
Would really appreciate any help.

Thanks a million in advance.
Hope you r well!