The "pulsar/atom plugin" thread

Hi, thanks for catching this up! I didn't see it because I start tidalcycles by evaluating a code block and not by calling the tidalcycles:boot command :slight_smile:
Will fix it asap

That were introduced to help newcomers, there's a check to disable it in configuration, it's called Show Error Notifications (I disabled those too :smiley: )

Released

1 Like

Could someone help me set-up and use the Sound Browser? tbo I don't understand exactly what it is and the instructions on the READ ME to set it up:

To make the sound browser at the first tidal evaluation, add your paths to the Sound Browser
Folders in the plugin configuration, separed by commas.
Restart atom to apply changes.

I suppose the paths are the sample folders, I checked and didn't find where this paths should go.
And once this is set up, how can I audition or browse sounds?

Yeah, I'm not too good in english (and in user experience science too!).
The meaning is, you have to put the path of the folder where the samples are into the "sound browser" configuration of the tidal package, then after a restart, at first evaluation, a panel should appear on the left showing the samples folder tree

1 Like

We can make this process easier for sure!

1 Like

Thanks!

It's already easy... after reading your comment I realized I was searching on the plugin files and not on the "settings" on the atom plugin GUI :dizzy_face: . And pretty straightforward

Are the samples played on the browser not going through superdirt limiter? I noticed, for example, the "cosmicg:0" first sample from the samples-extra folder to be much louder than played using:

once "cosmicg:0"

Yep, samples are played directly in atom with the html audio element, could be an idea to play them with superdirt but then the "stop" feature would be missing

I think that unless we see a worthy improve path I wouldn't touch it. As I've heard around: If it's not broken don't fix it (guess this doesn't apply when looking for improvement in which case we might purposefully break it). Which I think is the case so far.

Thanks for your consideration and help. :blush:

It would be fantastic if we could access tracks 11 to 16 via the keyboard in the future. But for the moment you improved my jam-sessions with my non-Tidal-musician-friends a lot. Mille grazie.

Could be an idea... what shortcuts could be good to use?
Don't know if on atom is possible to define a keybind like ctrl-1-2 (to toggle mute on connection 12).

BTW, the shortcut for muteall is ctrl-shift-., but it does not work on my installation (ubuntu), probably for shortcut conflict, dunno other systems.

The mute ALL ctrl+shift+. doesn't work in Win10 neither though it figures in the Atom keybindings, strange thing!

Uhm... I think it clashes with another keybind, we should try another one...
I opened an issue on github:

Also the one about the d11-d16 keybinds:

new release, add toggle mute commands until d16, move the unmuteAll keybind to ctrl-0

4 Likes

I have to admit that I tried the mute and unmute shortcuts for the first time only the other day. But after trying it, I realized how much I missed the feature while playing. What I want to say: thank you for implementing it!

3 Likes

I've been looking at implementing this via midi input (without success at this stage) - it may be atom's killer feature :slight_smile:

1 Like

Uhm... maybe this could a be a feature for the tidal core, because the midi messages are catched by supercollider and forwarded to tidal via osc.
This definitely worths an issue (on the tidal repository)

1 Like

it's probably got more to do with my (lack of) understanding of tidal and midi in general :slight_smile:

Would love to have mute/unmute available via MIDI!

I'll let you know how I get on with my investigations :slight_smile:

1 Like