Thoughts on the course

No I haven't got to doing this yet sorry! I'll get it up tonight for a Monday start.

2 Likes

Excited for the next weeks :robot: :call_me_hand:. Thank you @yaxu for share love in the form of this club.
Greetings from México
Cheers!

3 Likes

I've reorganised the lessons into weekly categories. This seems to make them much easier to navigate?

2 Likes

Thanks so much for everything, @yaxu !

1 Like

Just wanted to thank everyone on @cycle1 for signing up to the second four-week block. Over 150 have stuck with it (or signed up for two blocks at once), which makes it all very much worth putting the videos together, as well as financially sustainable. Thanks !

11 Likes

I still have the doubt I did not sign up correctly. I mean, I received a confirmation email but I can't see any new video... Do you mind checking out?

Hi @claudiodonaggio83 ,
You should be able to see new videos in 'week 5' here: Week 5 - notes, chords, arpeggios and Algoraoke - Tidal Club

Thanks @yaxu! I thought I've done some mistake!

1 Like

Hi all,
Sorry I'm a bit slow with adding materials for week 7. I've got a lot of other things going on at the start of this week so it might not be until Wednesday that I manage to start sharing videos.
Take care

2 Likes

Ok into week 8 already! Time goes fast.. This week I'm be filling in some gaps with some core functions mixed in with some of the stranger ones.

Then after that I'll have a break before doing the third (and possibly final) block of lessons.. I've got a big deadline coming up at the end of the month so it might not be until July before I start up again. I'll still be around to answer questions, maybe with some live streams / Functions of the Week too.. and we should have a commissioned video about interfacing Tidal with a DAW soon too!

Take care

5 Likes

Sorry @cycle1 I've been extra slow adding videos this week. I'll catch up over the weekend - I think I'll bring forward binary patterns to look at mask and so on, and have an idea for a challenge.. In the meantime enjoy FOTW#3 - weave! -> FOTW#3 - weave

3 Likes

Sorry week 8 still hasn't ended! It needs another video or two but I'm really caught up in a funding application. In the meantime there's a commissioned video on the way.. More soon

4 Likes

Did week 5 thru 8 start?
All the links go to no such page.

Yes, you can sign up here: https://blog.tidalcycles.org/product/tidal-club-membership-weeks-5-8/

I did, June 7th

My apologies Jeff, I've given you access now. I'm not sure what happened, but perhaps an email address didn't match up. If anyone else is having problems, please let me know.

Hi all,
A little bit of a delay but I've started on recording videos to finish off week 8 finally.. Sorry for the delay, sometimes life hits. I'm feeling out of practice but have started with a video about the fit function, just waiting for the subtitles to autogenerate so I can edit them.

I'll spend some time organising the materials at some point as well - if anyone has thoughts about how to make things more accessible / digestible please let me know.. and then start thinking about weeks 9-12 for the northern winter.

13 Likes

Glad to hear that there’s more to come @yaxu!

The course is golden, thank you.

I would be interested in ways of controlling the gain more precisely. When using the snowball function for instance, I've a hard time getting rid of some gain peaks.

I remember reading about the course on CDM in the spring, but the timing didn't allow for me to participate then. I am so grateful that this is a continuous community project that people can jump into any time!

1 Like