Tranquility: Tidalcycles in Lua

Nice to see some life with tranquility! I've been messing with lua a lot lately and have been meaning to give tranquility ago. I would love to try out the mini notation parser etc.

Hi! @yaxu and @xinniw I just made the pull request! here it is: add parser for mini-notation by noearc · Pull Request #1 · XiNNiW/tranquility · GitHub

The parser should be identical to the vortex one now.

The evaluation would be pretty trivial work compare to the grammar and visitor part. But the thing is many pattern functions does not exist for now, and some initial try to implement stuff like timecat and compress would need a bit more work on some base library like fraction (I think).

Guess this is the project I want to work on for the winter :grinning:

1 Like

Thank you for doing this! you inspired me to clean up a bit of the loose ends that I left around at the end of last semester.

@igormpc I'm sorry I missed you're message. Thanks for giving it a whirl. Having a plugin for vim and/or vscode is a major TODO on the roadmap. Things are pretty rough around the edges at the moment. (Its printing a ton of stuff it shouldn't and there isn't a good way to make the system eval code coming in from outside) These are all solvable problems. Hopefully we will get there soon!

1 Like

Just a note to say that by now strudel is a lot more advanced than vortex, and might be more useful as a basis for porting functions etc.

thank you for that information alex! I will look into that