About the Strudel category

A category for discussions around the StrudelCycles project, which aims to be TidalCycles for the web.

You can share a strudel pattern directly in your posts by wrapping it in [strudel] and [/strudel]. For example:

[strudel]
"c4 a4 f4 e4".every(3, add(7))
[/strudel]

You can find a tutorial for strudel here: Strudel Tutorial

1 Like

Very interested in the potential of this project! I am an extensive Max user and have been trying to determine a way to integrate the tidal patterning engine into a Max/Jitter setup for algorithmic composition and performance. I actually love the Haskell implementation and have hacked on it a bit to expand the arpeggiators and some other functions. But unfortunately, I can't figure out a good way to access the patterning without the editor interface. It seems much easier to generate input for Max from Tidal than to control Tidal from Max. Since Max is very javascript friendly perhaps this is the best method for incorporating the patterning into Max. So my question is, have I missed some avenue for directly accessing the patterning capabilities of the Haskell version- which can bypass the editor interface, or is it perhaps good time to consider making the jump to the Strudel implementation? Cheers!

As a followup. Might tidal-listener be the branch I should be looking to to to play tidal commands generated by something like Max in OSC format? Thank you.