Automatic Code Execution

Hi all !
I'm working on a project that involves Tidalcycle for generating sound :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: but I have a problem! I cannot figure out how can I execute the line/code without real interaction with the keyboard (aka pressing the shift + enter).
I need only a trigger for the execution of the code every 4 or 8 cycles, a sort of automatic execution.
How can I realize it? I'm struggling a bit! Thanks a lot :wink: cheers

What platform are you on?

A very hacky solution would be to use e.g. for OSX: midiStroke, for Windows, e.g. Midikey2Key. Have your tidal code emit a midi note that is recognized by midiStroke/Midikey2Key, which performs the necessary keyStroke to trigger your tidal snippets...

Thanks for replying me @loopology :wink: I'm on macOS for now, but my project probably will run remotely on a RaspberryPi, that will receive some OSC message from a web server. This message will be taken by Tidal and update the ongoing pattern after some cycles. Do you think that this solution can solve my problem?

Maybe can be useful for your needs, the atom tidalcycles plugin has a feature that permits to evaluate tidal code after a specific osc message is received:

Hi @ndr_brt !!! I'll try this! I didn't know this feature :smiley: Thanks a lot man !!