Couldnt initialise audio

HIya, when i boot supercollider with my laptops internal sound card it works fine, the as soon as i try and switch over to my external soundcard it gives me this : SC_PortAudioDriver: PortAudio failed at Pa_OpenStream with error: 'Unanticipated host error'
could not initialize audio. any one know a fix pretty sure my driver are up to date but will try updating them now

8 posts were split to a new topic: Problem with choose

Hello @leomallock2 - what operating system are you on ?

im running on windows

Okidoke. How are you switching audio devices?

You'll need to quit the server, then switch the audio device to your soundcard, then reboot using SuperDirt.start again.

Assuming you're doing all that correctly, it could be that another application is using the soundcard drivers so SC can't access it? It could also possibly be a sample rate mismatch (you can check the samplerate of your soundcard via the device settings or if you have software that lets you access those settings).

i have the same problem ...
I have switched to all possible modes asio, mme, asio all, direct sound, wasapi ... and nothing. also remove any audio exits from other programs so they don't interfere and nothing...

Requested devices:
In (matching device found):

• MME
    Out (matching device found):
  • MME

Booting with:
In: MME : Microsoft Sound Mapper - Input
Out: MME : Microsoft Sound Mapper - Output
SC_PortAudioDriver: PortAudio failed at Pa_OpenStream with error: 'Unanticipated host error'
could not initialize audio.
Server 'localhost' exited with exit code -1073740791.

HELP! :frowning: