Custom transitions binding function: unpack values

Warning: long post

I thought it would be cool to have a special keybinding for evaluating patterns as transitions instead of having to type them out.

I came up with this function:
let bindTransition transition time stream streamNum p = transition streamNum time $ p.

What it does is take a transition function, a time, a streamReplace function and number (like p 1), and a pattern.
It has the same effect of a transition, but in theory, it would let you place the transition function right in-front of the streamReplace function, like so:

let bindTransition transition time stream streamNum p = transition streamNum time $ p
    _jumpIn = bindTransition jumpIn

_jumpIn 1 d1 $ s "bd"

(because d1 = p 1 . (|< orbit 1)) )

you could then have a key-combo that would evaluate a pattern like d1 $ s "bd", but add jumpIn 1 to the beginning.

however, I've run into a problem with how values are unpacked.
By d1's definition, it should work with bindTransition, because a statement like

_jumpIn 1 d1 $ s "bd"

means

jumpIn 1 p 1 . (|< orbit 1) $ s "bd"

however...

_jumpIn 1 p 1 . (|< orbit 1) $ s "bd"

evaluates find, while

_jumpIn 1 d1 $ s "bd"

doesn't.

Even if I remove the (|< orbit 1) portion, it doesn't evaluate, because it doesn't treat d1 as two arguments.
Is there any way to make the interpeter treat d1 and p 1 . (|< orbit1) as the exact same expression?

Here is an explanation of the (type) error that you (probably) get:

Expression _jumpIn 1 p 1 . (|< orbit 1) $ s "bd" is equivalent to

(_jumpIn 1 p 1) .  (|< orbit 1) $  s "bd" 

note the parens before the dot, since function application (_jumpIn) binds stronger than operator application (the dot). (Source: https://www.haskell.org/onlinereport/haskell2010/haskellch3.html#x8-220003)

So this is not equivalent to the expression with d1 in the middle

_jumpIn 1 (  p 1 . (|< orbit 1) ) $ s "bd"

because it has a different nesting of sub-expressions, and therefore, a different type (in that case, no type, since it's a type error).