I finally installed 1.9.2 on my windows 10 machine but it has been a bumpy ride
So i thought i would share my experience to maybe help some other windows 10 users.
Best thing you can do before you begin is create a system restore point so you can always go back.
Okay, first i was still on Tidal 1.7.something because i've had some bad experiences upgrading in the past.
But after many failed attempts this is what worked for me.
Assuming you are only using everything for Tidal, delete/uninstall (search harddrive to delete folders) everything related to ghc, cabal and tidal.
Open powershell as admin and i use the following commands:
- installed ghcup
Set-ExecutionPolicy Bypass -Scope Process -Force;[System.Net.ServicePointManager]::SecurityProtocol = [System.Net.ServicePointManager]::SecurityProtocol -bor 3072;Invoke-Command -ScriptBlock ([ScriptBlock]::Create((Invoke-WebRequest https://www.haskell.org/ghcup/sh/bootstrap-haskell.ps1 -UseBasicParsing))) -ArgumentList $true
installed ghc 9.4.2
ghcup install ghc 9.4.2
set ghc 9.4.2 as default
ghcup set ghc 9.4.2
ghcup install cabal 18.104.22.168
Here's where i went a bit different because the normal cabal update/install wasn't working.
Everything installed without a problem but tidal wasn't found when starting (Could not find module `Sound.Tidal.Context).
So i used:
cabal new-install --lib tidal
I'm not sure what's going on under the hood but after the installation was done, Tidal was working but not producing any sound.
I saw in another post that Alex mentioned to delete the Superdirt folder and clone the repository so i did.
C:\Users\<yourusername>\AppData\Local\SuperCollider\downloaded-quarks delete Superdirt folder git clone https://github.com/musikinformatik/SuperDirt.git cd .\SuperDirt\ git checkout v1.7.2
And after a few night of me repeatedy asking my laptop why it is not working, there was sound.