M1 Mac Neovim

Hello all,

I'm at a loss here. I have had a working setup with SuperCollider & Tidal for a long time in Linux Mint.

I also now have an M1 Macbook Pro. I'm using the vim-tidal plugin for Neovim. However, when I try and evaluate code after SC and Superdirt are running I get this error:

Error detected while processing function <SNR>46_TidalSendOp[19]..<SNR>46_TidalSend[5]..<SNR>46_TidalDispatch[2]..<SNR>46_TerminalSend:                                                                                                                                        
line    2:
Can't send data to closed stream

I think I had that issue a couple years ago on an older Mac but somehow figured out the issue. I can't seem to this time.

I wondered if any Neovim users have encountered and what the fix is.

BTW, all of the troubleshooting from the docs shows it's working. VS Code does work, but the SC extensions still don't allow for evaluating SC blocks of code (that I know of). This really seems to be something I'm doing wrong in Neovim setup with vim-tidal.

Actually, I think I figured this out. I had not run make install in the vim-tidal plugin directory, Seems to work fine now. Always follow all instruction :stuck_out_tongue: Sorry - but hope it helps if someone has the same issue.

I had the same error on linux, in my case I was using cabal 3.0.0.0 and cabal install tidal had not built the tidal binary (or any binaries) into ~/.ghc/

Required a cabal install tidal --lib to get the binaries built