Problems after updating Pulsar to v1.115.0

Hello
On my Intel MacBook Air:
My Tidal setup was working fine until I updated to latest version of Pulsar.
SuperCollider gets to the "SuperDirt Listening .." point sa before.
In Pulsar I open a file called test.tidal then do Packages => TidalCycles => Boot TidalCycles as before.
But I get these messages:
Start TidalCycles plugin
Choose BootTidal.hs path

no custom path configured
not found in current directory
cannot get tidal installation folder Error: Command failed: "/Users/georgewright/.ghcup/bin/ghc-pkg" field tidal data-dir
ghc-pkg-9.4.8: cannot find package tidal

  • use the default contained in the plugin
  • load BootTidal.hs from /Users/georgewright/.pulsar/packages/tidalcycles/lib/BootTidal.hs
    t>
    t> ghci>
    t>
    : error:
    Could not find module ‘Sound.Tidal.Context’
    It is not a module in the current program, or in any known package.

Could someone suggest what to do next.

Regards
George

I'm not very savvy with any of this software but have you tried uninstalling the tidal plugin from Pulsar then reinstalling the plugin fresh? If that's even a thing?

Well Albert thanks for your suggestion
I tried all sorts of strategies that didn't work - but eventually did get it going again.
I read many suggestions on this club.tidalcycles - the problem had recurred over the years but I have not seen a simple solution.
What I did was to send to Bin/Trash the apps SuperCollider & Pulsar and any related files I could find - for example ~/.ghcup . I don't think I got 'em all. Then emptied bin and restarted the computer. Then I reinstalled everything fresh. And this time it worked!
That process even installed the latest version of Pulsar 1.115.2... which caused the problem first up when It told me there was an update.
My lesson is that whenever I'm notified of updates I'll just wipe everything and start from scratch again.
Regards
George

1 Like

Glad to hear that worked! I ran into the same after running updates on my Linux machine a year ago and I fresh install did the trick.