Samples not found

Hi,

I installed Tidal yesterday. The example code d1 $ sound "bd sn sn sn" wasn't working - just the kick drum sample. I checked, and all samples were definitely in the folder, but the SC Error no synth or sample named 'sn' could be found. module 'sound': instrument not found: sn kept coming up. I restarted SC and Tidal a few times, eventually it worked, I thought I might have fixed the problem - but today the same issue is turning up. I redownloaded the samples from github and about half the samples just don't work.

I'm running Fedora and using vim-tidal.

Thanks for any help,
Jordan

Welcome @jordanwhite, maybe you need to give superdirt more resources. The last bit of the video here explains how to do it: Technical tour of a tidal system

1 Like

That worked, thanks very much!

Hi @yaxu - back to Tidal again on a new system and somehow having the same problem, but I don't quite understand why - the resources I'm giving superdirt way exceed what's necessary, I think - here's my (entire) sc startup file:

s.options.numPrivateAudioBusChannels = 2048;
s.options.memSize = 2**20;
s.options.numBuffers = 2048 * 256;
s.options.numWireBufs = 256;
s.options.maxNodes = 2**12;
s.latency = 0.05;

if (\SCNvim.asClass.notNil) {
    Server.default.doWhenBooted {
        \SCNvim.asClass.updateStatusLine(1, \SCNvim.asClass.port);
    }
};

Safety(s).enabled;
Safety(s).defName = \safeLimit;

Is there anything here that could be causing problems? It's a fresh install on a fresh installed system using arch with vim-tidal.

Thanks!
Jordan

EDIT: PS, I'm a fan - have watched this video at least 30 times:

1 Like

Hi, did you check the samples have downloaded OK?

that fixed it, rookie mistake, sorry for the noise!

1 Like