Social or Community Features

Hey all, just wanted to say I really have enjoyed Strudel massively. I'm considering writing some sort of tutorial/teaching series for it as a way to better learn it myself.

I was wondering if there has been any effort to build any community or competition aspect out of it. I'm thinking something like creating monthly challenges or having some way of fostering collaboration on music. Is that something you'd want to do within the app or something you expect would be external to the app?

1 Like

The strudel channel on the tidal discord exists and there's often people sharing their creations.

I was wondering if there has been any effort to build any community or competition aspect out of it.

I'm less keen on the "competition" side of things, don't wanna start rating people's music from best to worst, but an occasional challenge (e.g. using specific samples) could be cool!

Somewhat relatedly, the folks over on the Estuary discord have been doing weekly collaborative jams for a while now e.g. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IRm-qKkW_mo perhaps once Estuary supports strudel you could join in!