Tidal <-> SuperDirt protocol

Hi everyone! I'm a bit new to tidal but love the concept and also really love the music that people are making with this tool.
I'm interested in connecting tidal to bitwig studio instead of SuperCollider/SuperDirt.
I've been following along with the tutorials on YouTube by Jurgen Mossgraber that show how to start an OSC server in bitwig. This looks like it will be pretty easy.
Now I'm curious what the actual OSC messages tidal sends to SuperDirt look like, so that I can intercept them with an OSC listener in bitwig and turn them into notes there.
I wrote this tiny program that just prints OSC data to stdout GitHub - scgolang/oscwatch: Print OSC data to stdout
I noticed I get a /dirt/handshake message
I suppose tidal won't work unless it gets a handshake back?
Will it then start sending data generated by the pattern (I'm just trying to get the simple one from the tutorial working: d1 $ sound "bd sn")
Appreciate any insights any of y'all might be able to provide!
Also, whenever the project is "done" i.e. ready to show, I plan to circle back to these forums with another post showing how it works and how anyone could start using tidal to control bitwig (probably by just loading a control script in bitwig that implements the OSC protocol)

1 Like

Have you read OSC | Tidal Cycles ?

1 Like

I have not, but thanks for sharing that! Looks like I can just turn the handshake off from within tidal

1 Like