Tidal 1.7 is released!

Ok, thanks

Tidal 1.7.1 is up! Mainly a maintenance release https://github.com/tidalcycles/Tidal/releases/tag/1.7.1

2 Likes

Hi!
I've upgraded at latest versions (both tidal & superdirt) and when some control bus functions are involved in my code it doesn't give any result. i.e.

d1 $ sound "sax" # legato 1 # squizbus 1 "0 1.5 0 1.5" --that's running, but I can't hear the squiz effect
d1 $ sound "sax" # legato 1 # squizbus 1 "0 1.5 0 1.5" # lpfbus 2 "400 2000 3000" # lpq 0.2 --no sound at all....
d1 $ jux rev $ s "sax" # ampbus 1 ("[1 0 [1 0] 1]*6") # legato 1 --no sound at all etc...

There's no error reported on the console. What's going on?

Sorry I missed this message. I think that the most likely problem is superdirt not being up to date. Supercollider quarks can be quite awkward to upgrade sometimes, but superdirt needs to be on v1.7.2

1 Like

upgraded this week on manjaro linux and mac os catalina (both machines from 2012)
things seem good, thanks! :slight_smile:

1 Like

v1.7.2 is out!

• tidal-parse additions and improved errors, haskellish dependency fix @dktr0
  • spring cleaning and delinting, recreated Time.hs, renamed ControlMap toValueMAp @yaxu
  • start of major refactoring of chords @cleary
  • fix . mininotation operator @zudov
  • stateful event parameters, for counting @yaxu
  • Move some stuff from BootTidal.hs to the tidal library, to reduce dependencies there @yaxu
8 Likes

Hey @yaxu. Thanks for the update!
Is it possible for you to talk a bit about this?

• stateful event parameters, for counting

Cheers

1 Like

@ben he (literally) just covered it in the tidal meet up #1 session. There will be a #2 session in a few hours if you're able to catch it?

1 Like

I've now posted about it here:

1 Like

super helpful. love the part where you can paste the tidal startup code in the SC startup file and it loads automatically on opening. brilliant!

1 Like

@yaxu is it possible (or should it?) to use continuous patterns with control busses?
It looks like that something like this does not work:

d1 $ slow 4 $ s "bev" # lpfbus 1 (slow 16 $ sine * 7000) # legato 1

Am I missing something?

2 Likes

I am surprised that doesn't work, @mrreason.. Will have a think. Feel free to make an issue on github

1 Like

I found that using:
#lpfbus 1 (segment 128 $ slow 16 $ sine*700)
is the best way of doing this for me.

4 Likes

@yaxu I created a ticket here: Using continuous patterns with control busses needs segment to work properly · Issue #806 · tidalcycles/Tidal · GitHub

@BXHD thanks for the hint! This feels like a workaround but I can work with it for now.

3 Likes

To upgrade to Tidal v1.7.2 is cabal upgrade Tidal the correct command or cabal v1 upgrade? Thnx!

cabal update
+
cabal install tidal --lib

Hi mate and Thanks for your reply!
cabal update + cabal install Tidal - - lib actually messed up everything!
Possibly due to the installation I did of v1.7.1 via cabal v1-update + cabal install Tidal.
I have deleted both .ghc and .cabal folders and reinstalled using cabal v1-update + cabal v1-install Tidal. Now v1.7.2 is working fine. I am on Catalina by the way...

hey hey

I get this error while running the command cabal v1-install tidal from the terminal

Warning: cannot determine version of /usr/bin/gcc :
""
xcrun: error: invalid active developer path (/Library/Developer/CommandLineTools), missing xcrun at: /Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/usr/bin/xcrun
gcc' failed in phase C Compiler'. (Exit code: 1)

Hi @fran,
It looks like you need to install the 'xcode commandline tools' for compiling software. This command should hopefully fix it:

xcode-select --install
1 Like

v1.7.3 is up! Mainly bug/performance fixes

• Signed ratio shorthands now supported @ndr_brt
  • OSC API - mute/unmute stream @mindofmatthew
  • improve performance of playFor/seqP @yaxu
  • Expand tests with autodiscovered laws @RSWilli
  • Add getState to BootTidal @mindofmatthew
  • add fadeTime / fadeInTime / fadeOutTime params for grain envelopes @yaxu
  • Fix for nrpnn and nrpnv params @yaxu
  • Disable busses for MIDI parameters @mindofmatthew
7 Likes